PDA

View Full Version : school holidays??????

kindredspirits
12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
i'm rubbish talking about money - i've got 1 woman who wants to start with me full time from 3rd nov. taking her son to school and collecting him each day until 6pm - i charge £75 per week for this.
i mentioned today about half term/school hols etc, and she said 'oh i hadn't really thought of that, i think my parents would like to have him as they've been caring for him full time so it's a wrench for them'. i totally understand, not a problem to me..... BUT what do i tell her i charge her? by the sounds of it she hasn't made plans so do i tell her its a half fee retainer unless you start using the hols regularly then its full fee, or do i just say sorry its full fees during the hols?

we're doing a contract next week, which i'm dreading!

Minstrel
12-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I think i would charge the retainer if she might want it and then you keep the place open for him OR she never wants it and you have another place to offer to someone who just wants holiday care. Either way i would get a def answer out of her when you do the contracts or she will muck you about with it.

EllieF
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I offer term time only or all year contracts. If term time only children want care during the holidays and I have a space, they incur a higher fee, as it takes additional planning and preparation at shorter notice than those that i know are coming so I can prepare way in advance the resources etc that I need.
Ellie