PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issues

KateA
04-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Hi, Iam looking for some advise for my lO parents, she is 9 months and for the last 2 months her sleep is gradually getting worse and worse. She will not nap any where but car seat and only for me In my pushchair with the rocket rocker on. Even this is hit and miss on some days, she is clearly tired and will cry and cry and not give up, give in or cry to sleep. (Parents have tried) She wakes every hour on the hour at home at night and needs to be held tightly or feed back to sleep at 3am they give up and bring them into bed with them where she will then sleep but will still wake frequently. Mum is pregnant again and works 5 days a week and knacked. During the day lo is miserable, grumpy and cries all the time, if I leave the room or her side she will scream and scream until I come back.

Kiddleywinks
04-10-2018, 03:49 PM
This is sooo draining, but normal unfortunately. Separation anxiety at around the 9 month mark is very common.
I sympathise with mum, early pregnancy tiredness and lack of sleep is torturous!

How is she with solids? It could be that she's actually hungry during the day so maybe an increase in solid food/hungry baby milk might help?
I know my daughters sleep changed for the better when she'd been 'fattened up' for the evening :laughing:

Other than that, consistency is key, everyone doing the same thing, maybe wrap her up tight at nap time - DD always looked like a glo-worm :laughing:, even now she wraps herself up in her quilt and she's in her 20's :laughing::laughing:

KateA
04-10-2018, 08:22 PM
This is sooo draining, but normal unfortunately. Separation anxiety at around the 9 month mark is very common.
I sympathise with mum, early pregnancy tiredness and lack of sleep is torturous!

How is she with solids? It could be that she's actually hungry during the day so maybe an increase in solid food/hungry baby milk might help?
I know my daughters sleep changed for the better when she'd been 'fattened up' for the evening :laughing:

Other than that, consistency is key, everyone doing the same thing, maybe wrap her up tight at nap time - DD always looked like a glo-worm :laughing:, even now she wraps herself up in her quilt and she's in her 20's :laughing::laughing:

She is drinking less and less milk but happily eats so long as she feeds herself, she will not eat any shop brought or home made food or let you use a spoon to feed her, head turns away mouth tight shut.but if it’s finger food is happy.

chris goodyear
05-10-2018, 07:43 AM
That sounds exactly like a LO I have just taken on, same age and same issues except she will take food from a spoon. Is mum breastfeeding? My one is breastfed but mum is going to change to formula now to see if that will reduce the night feeds and therefore LO will eat more during the day - and sleep! I have to rock her to sleep but yesterday she cried while being rocked so I left her and within minutes she cried herself to sleep. She is also teething so that is making things worse. It sounds like a habit has formed with your LO so they may have to find the strength to not go into her at night (very hard) and see how that works. I've been there with my own many years ago and it's just so sad that everyone is so tired and can't enjoy their lovely baby. Hope things improve soon.

KateA
05-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Hi, no mum has stop breast feeding back in June, yep I agree habit has formed now and is going to be hard to stop. Thank you all for advise will pass on to lo parents.