PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Advice needed

chantelle20
28-08-2018, 10:59 AM
I am a childminder who works with another childminder and we also have an assistant. The other childminder is currently away however i am looking after the setting till they are back. Last week i wasnt able to work as I was sick so the setting closed. I then found out the the assistant came in one day last week to look after a few children.

I know this isnt allowed or is there something to say that it is but i know its definitely not but how do address this to my boss? What advice do other people give? Is there anyone I can talk to about this as I feel really isolated and dont know what to do.

sarah707
01-09-2018, 08:05 AM
The assistant did the wrong thing by using the childminding premises to care for children when the childminder was not present and needs to be disciplined - follow the staff disciplinary procedures and write it up.

As the assistant was working illegally they were also uninsured - and should never have put parents, children or themselves in that situation.

I would also advise you to inform Ofsted because it was an illegal childminding activity and they are our regulator.

I hope that helps... please ask if you have more questions. Sarah / Admin