PDA

View Full Version : Baseline assement

lor
13-08-2018, 06:19 AM
Hi,
Sorry another question regarding baseline assessments- do you use the D.M as a tool and if using as a way to asses progress how many obs would you generally say befor you would mark a child down as secure??

Thx in advance xx

bunyip
13-08-2018, 08:14 AM
I still use DM.

I can’t answer your other question, because I don’t believe what we call secure learning is dependent upon the number of observations an adult makes.

moggy
13-08-2018, 01:17 PM
You know your children, you know where they are when you read the DM statements. Obs do not need to be written down even, there is no 'number' of them needed. You make a judgement based on what you know, what you see. EY Outcomes (Sept 2013) is the other document published for us to use, and 'What to Expect When?'. You use what you prefer. Inspectors refer to EY Outcomes.

BallyH
13-08-2018, 08:48 PM
For me a child would be 'secure' if they can definitely, without question, do something/say something/or active what is being observed. As already stated there is no need to write every thing down.

mumofone
14-08-2018, 09:42 AM
I believe Sarah Neville told us that EYO was ofsteds doucment of choice but that it was by no means a "tick list"....so i use EYO as my go to document if needed.