PDA

View Full Version : Any Wimbledon Fans?

Maza
14-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Anyone watching Wimbledon? We're not tennis fans but we always have Wimbledon on in the background. The men's semi-finals were rather exciting this year!

Pixie dust
15-07-2018, 10:36 AM
I normally enjoy watching Wimbledon but haven't managed to watch it so much this year mainly due to the World Cup always seems to been on in this house, I am looking forward to watching the men's final this afternoon in peace as no one else will be home.

Dragonfly
15-07-2018, 06:19 PM
No not a fan,as I wasn’t with the football.i don’t think there is one sport I like to watch !!! And I haven’t got any planned craft for tennis either ( I didn’t for football) I’m really bad hey :blush:

FussyElmo
16-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Yes love Wimbledon. Unfortunately the final wasn't very competitive I think Anderson felt the after effects of a hard game against Federer and isner.

In fairness we watch a lot of sport so it's strange not being able to tune in later

bunyip
16-07-2018, 02:33 PM
No not a fan,as I wasn’t with the football.i don’t think there is one sport I like to watch !!! And I haven’t got any planned craft for tennis either ( I didn’t for football) I’m really bad hey :blush:

The U.K. 18m and 20m gliding championships took place over the weekend, so you could make paper planes with minimal outlaw and preparation. :D

loocyloo
16-07-2018, 03:09 PM
DH is usually glued to the tennis, but wasn't this year - due to the football ( that he isn't usually interested in! ) and a busy time at work!

i have done no crafts relating to football or tennis either Dragonfly! We have practiced our kicking, throwing and catching a ball skills but that was incidental to what was on TV!!! :laughing:

In fact, apart from 'free' painting/drawing/chalking and junk modelling we have done no 'organised' craft, which to be honest, is the type of craft i much prefer!

I did provide a schoolie with a basket of pebbles and the wherewithall to decorate them ( and a few pictures to give her ideas ) but that is as organised as i have got.

Dragonfly
16-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Bunyip I make paper planes with them anyway! Don’t need a sport to do them

mama2three
17-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Ds is currently competing at the world championships for ultimate frisbee ...maybe we could throw some paper plates round the garden? I try to follow the children’s lead , don’t really do themes ...more plan in the moment and go with the flow...they didn’t mention football or tennis once!👏🏼