PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to come back to childminding... please help 😀

Emzchris2010
05-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I stopped childminding last year in June. But now I want I come back.

Has anyone else done this recently? Or does anyone know what I need to do to set up again?

Thanks in advance x

Kiddleywinks
05-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Did you formally resign your registration with ofsted at the time, or did you just take 'time out' and informed them of that?

You'll need to confirm with them whether you need to undertake anything, maybe a new DBS and health declaration. If your safeguarding and first aid are still in date, they should be fine.
May be worth checking with your LA too that they haven't changed anything

I know a friend of mine (ex pre school manager) was thinking of starting minding and both Ofsted and the LA said she only needed a DBS and Health declaration doing as she was already familiar with the EYFS. As it was, a TA job came up, so she went for that instead lol

Good luck :thumbsup:

Emzchris2010
05-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Did you formally resign your registration with ofsted at the time, or did you just take 'time out' and informed them of that?

You'll need to confirm with them whether you need to undertake anything, maybe a new DBS and health declaration. If your safeguarding and first aid are still in date, they should be fine.
May be worth checking with your LA too that they haven't changed anything

I know a friend of mine (ex pre school manager) was thinking of starting minding and both Ofsted and the LA said she only needed a DBS and Health declaration doing as she was already familiar with the EYFS. As it was, a TA job came up, so she went for that instead lol

Good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I told Ofsted I was no longer childminding. I’m currently workin as a supervisor in a children’s home.