PDA

View Full Version : Up date on contacting nursery

2kidsunder5
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi all

Just thought I would update you on my post from yesterday about contacting the nursery that one of my mindees goes to.

I rang them and spoke to the lady that does the planning for the babies. I explained who I was and asked if she could possibly tell me what topics or themes they would be covering for next term. She explained that they don't exactly follow themes and topics for the babies they are child lead. She said that each key worker has a box - something similar to a treasure basket, they spend one hour each day on a one to one with the baby, through this they can carry out their obs if required and then plan for the next steps.

The lady I spoke to has invited me into the nursery tomorrow (the children I have can go into the holiday club, I have my own 2 and another little girl whoes mum has given me written permission for this).

I will meet N's key worker and also meet with the lady I spoke to, she will go through in more detail with me what they do and the obs and baskets etc. I am really looking forwar to it :) I am going to take N's scrap book which has his obs and other things in it to show them.

Will let you all know I get on :)

Diane xx

katickles
12-08-2008, 08:29 AM
That sounds really good, nice to see that they are actually working in partnership with you aswell.

Let us know how it goes :)

angeldelight
12-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Thats great Diane

Good luck tomorrow keep us posted

Angel xx

sarah707
12-08-2008, 08:34 AM
That sounds excellent!

Please keep me updated :D

Pedagog
12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Sounds great.

Wiggly
12-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Fab - well done you.

Wiggly
x

Cammie Doodle
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Well done Diane , it will show Ofsted how you work with other Professionals but remember you will be helping the Nursery to show the same so its a 2 way thing .:thumbsup:

miffy
12-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Sounds very positive - hope it's a useful meeting

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Well done on taking the initiative but I bet you know more about EYFS than they do!

Debbie

tulip0803
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
That sounds really good. They seem to be friendly and approachable so should making working in partnership easier.:)