PDA

View Full Version : GDPR AGAIN! SODEXO

loocyloo
11-05-2018, 03:23 PM
For goodness sake!

I've just been sent a document to fill in for GDPR in relation to accepting SODEXO payments that requires more information and knowledge than I needed to complete GDPR Audit! they want yes/no answers to things totally not relevant and then proof!

I hope all the voucher companies are not going to do this!

BallyH
11-05-2018, 05:11 PM
For goodness sake!

I've just been sent a document to fill in for GDPR in relation to accepting SODEXO payments that requires more information and knowledge than I needed to complete GDPR Audit! they want yes/no answers to things totally not relevant and then proof!

Oh no, I take their vouchers plus numerous other companies also. I await the documents! Thanks for the heads-up.

Mouse
11-05-2018, 07:20 PM
For goodness sake!

This is being discussed on Facebook. Several people have phoned SODEXO to ask about it - what it means and why you'd need to complete it.

The replies they've had have been that if you earn less than £500,000 you just need to sign it and send it back. No need to answer any questions or provide any proof. It still doesn't explain why they need the information, but at least it means you don't have to fill it in.

I'm registered with SODEXO but haven't had an email yet. If I do get one I think I'll probably email them before I do anything.

mama2three
11-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Thanks for posting this loocyloo , I have read and reread that email and it makes no sense!! One minute is is talking about employees , the next suppliers.
And what the heck does this mean....while Sodexo remain the sole controllers it will transfer the relevant personal data to you , the supplier , who will act as the processor!!
I will email them too I think. I am a little worried about signing and returning something I don’t completely understand even if we don’t need to answer the questions if we earn less than that amount. What difference does my income make to Sodexo , indeed what business is it of theirs?

loocyloo
11-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Thanks mouse and Mama2three.

I was skimming my emails whilst children had tea and so couldn't phone anyone.

I'm glad it's not just me that didn't understand it!

But i don't want to sign something I don't understand. I will try an ff phone on Monday if not heard before then.

bunyip
12-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Could anyone have dreamed up a bigger waste of time than GDPR?

I’ve spent most of the last month trying to figure out my own document, and reading then deleting GDPR emails from all the World and his wife!

Ironically, some organisations' careless use of the "CC" function on their group emails has resulted in me being sent details of hundreds of other people's email addresses (and mine to them also.) This, presumably, is what is called a "data breach", although it has happened as a direct consequence of a regulation designed to prevent it happening.

Mad world. :panic:

mama2three
12-05-2018, 08:00 AM
surely we aren’t suppliers , we don’t supply them with anything!!

bunyip
13-05-2018, 07:52 AM
surely we aren’t suppliers , we don’t supply them with anything!!

Perhaps they want us to supply them with children? :D

Given Sodexo's record on mis-managing several prisons, I think my mindees could run things a little better.

Maza
13-05-2018, 08:15 AM
One lady on FB last night said she had sent the letter back to them, saying that until they write it in plain English she will not be signing it.

loocyloo
14-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Just been speaking to a very helpful girl at sodexo ...

N/A all of due diligence
Sign Data processing and send back.

She said she didn't understand the questions and they need to be in plain English, plus ... they haven't had their GDPR training yet!!!! And questionnaire went out early!

loocyloo
22-05-2018, 05:33 PM
just seen email from sodexo ...

guess what .... we don't have to do ANYTHING !!!!! :clapping:

Pixie dust
23-05-2018, 07:18 AM
I know that pacey got involved with this and got SODEXO to change their requirements. Pacey told their members not to sign anything as SODEXO were in the wrong ! I did try adding the link to the news article but it won't work on here.

loocyloo
23-05-2018, 05:14 PM
I know that pacey got involved with this and got SODEXO to change their requirements. Pacey told their members not to sign anything as SODEXO were in the wrong ! I did try adding the link to the news article but it won't work on here.

I tried too!

made me laugh though ... as I emailed pacey on the Friday as soon as I saw the original email ... and the emailed reply said ' it was not something they could advise me on, and to contact ICO ' !!!!