PDA

View Full Version : oh bless ofsted

mimo
12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
After putting it of for 3 days i have finaly phoned ofsted as i cant seem to get on to their site to fill in my sef even eith my token. The poor harressed guy on the other end said that they have got technical difficulties today so will have to get someone to phone back .Apparently im not the only one who cant get on lots of people are phoning and he is getting very stressed .Dont you just feel sorry for them.:laughing:

angeldelight
12-08-2008, 08:07 AM
You would have thought that they would have been well prepared for this

What grade do you think we should give them ?

Angel xx

crazybones
12-08-2008, 08:08 AM
I havent bothered trying to get on it again. I will wait until I come back from my hols before I ring them.

Bushpig
12-08-2008, 09:39 AM

Angel xx

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Minstrel
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Do you think they carried out a risk assessment before starting this task???????????

Wiggly
12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Heaven Scent
12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
i woul like to see a copy of their policy for such occurances - Lets all ask to see it at the same time:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

EllieF
12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for them
Ellie

muminamini
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I also had this problem and the guy that I got through to sounded about 10 years old and said that he had no idea how to fix it....!!!!
I just tried the instructions again and it worked second time around. Did make me laugh though - can you imagine what they would say if it was the other way around...

janet
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
we will have to ring up and ask them what there policy is on technical problems surelty they must have a backup plan lol xx

Cammie Doodle
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by angeldelight

Angel xx

Inadequate sounds good to me :rolleyes: Did I really say that ?:blush: Well my mouth lol

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I haven't even been told about the SEF yet!!!

Debbie

bubbly
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I haven't even been told about the SEF yet!!!

Debbie
Me neither. I'm in a panic now :panic: . I get the idea of what the SEF is but how do I go about filling one in and what is this 'token' people are talking about? How do I get a password etc?

Oh gosh, someone help please! :panic: :panic:

mimo
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Just updated on another thread but the it guys at ofsted cant fix it either . spent 40 minutes on the phone to me to tell me he hadnt got a clue i could of told him that after the first 2 minutes.He and his friends are going to phone me ack when they know how to fix it .Time to get the pencil and paper out for me then:)

mimo
13-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Well the it guy phoned me back today to tell me he cant fix it i cant fill my sef form online. Goodnews there will be a helpline for the gateway part of log on at the end of september as Ofsted have realised that a few people have had a problem (really!!!!!!!). so its a pen and paper for me :panic:

oh and i definatly would rate them unsatisfactory although the guy today did have a lovely voice.:blush:

littletreasures
13-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Tried to log in this afternoon, but couldn't.

I phoned and they said they didn't have my date of birth. She sorted it out and I managed to log in half and hour later.

Wish I didn't though. It looks really scary!!!

Spangles
13-08-2008, 09:32 PM
As far as I can see there's no need to panic about the SEF.

There is no urgent need for us to complete it unless you think you will get an inspection soon and even then it isn't compulsory. If it's not filled in it will mean that the inspection will take longer that's all really. Information will be published on how to complete it after 1st September if you want it.

It's nothing to worry about, it can be done in your own time, or not, as the case may be. Lots of the information you have to provide is covered by your quality framework if you have it and the answers seem to be quite repetitive from what others have said.

PLEASE DON'T PANIC ABOUT THE SEF!!!!!!