PDA

View Full Version : Educational resources

mumofone
30-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Can anyone recommend me some good websites for buying educational resources, i want to update some of my resources. Thank you!

loocyloo
30-04-2018, 09:36 PM
I just bought a few bits from EYR (early years resources) ... somethings are cheaper on amazon/ebay, but I got some good bits in their sale !

World Wide Shopping Mall are a website that sells all sorts of everything, but in their toy shop, they have a good range of learning resources. Their actual shop is not too far away from me and is great. ( but I have to resist going in, as I can never leave empty handed! )

mumofone
01-05-2018, 10:43 AM
I just bought a few bits from EYR (early years resources) ... somethings are cheaper on amazon/ebay, but I got some good bits in their sale !

World Wide Shopping Mall are a website that sells all sorts of everything, but in their toy shop, they have a good range of learning resources. Their actual shop is not too far away from me and is great. ( but I have to resist going in, as I can never leave empty handed! )

Thanks loocyloo, i'll check all of those out! :-) Thank you x

Mouse
01-05-2018, 11:44 AM
I look on websites like TTS for ideas, then look at other sites to find better prices. I find that any sites calling themselves "educational" tends to cost a lot more!

What sort of things are you looking for? I buy a lot of wooden toys so search several sites to compare prices. It's surprising how different they can be. I found a nice colour sorting toy on Amazon, then found someone selling the same on Ebay (brand new) for less than half the price.

FussyElmo
01-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Also check everything you want to buy. Sometimes they can be smaller than you expect for the money

mama2three
01-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Check out cosy too , my cosy wish list is always a mile long

bunyip
02-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I look on websites like TTS for ideas, then look at other sites to find better prices. I find that any sites calling themselves "educational" tends to cost a lot more!

I think Mouse has hit upon a pretty good definition of an 'educational resource', covering anything from birth to university tuition fees: i.e. anything that attracts an artificially inflated pric3 tag purely by being described as 'educational'.

By contrast, most resources for learning cost next to nothing or are completely free of charge.

mumofone
03-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys, ive never checked out cosy...

Oh thats a really good point! I must say i buy most things off ebay second hand but sometimes i want something a bit more niche and im not always sure where best to look.