PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a name for me and my website

kelly21
09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Putting my spare time to use and making a website. I havnt really come up with a name for me yet, i was just using kellys childminding service but thought thats boring so can u give me some suggestions please.

thanks

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Kellys kids Childminding

Kellyskids childminding

Kellys little kids childminding

Dont ask me I am rubbish at things like this haha

Angel xx

button68
09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Oooo Kelly I have been thinking just the same.

I started a thread on the old site asking if having a Business name was better than being known as 'The Childminder' and the answer was a resounding YES! (and I got some good suggestions)

However after extensive research I have noted the NO-ONE in this area has a Business name and NO-ONE has a website :panic:

Am I going to alienate myself from the other local childminders as coming off as a pretentious rookie?? :(

Sorry to Hijack you post like that :blush:

Now down to you ........

I like Sarah's approach of calling her business Knutsford Childminding. Naming it after the area she's in makes it sound like ... er ... Very Official, Very Proffessional like it is THE Knutsford Childminder, iyswim Also anyone searching the web for Childminders in Knutsford, well, this is surely going to be one of the top returns the search engine returns.

Could you use this approach? or do you live in a road with a lovely name like Bluebell Avenue = Bluebell Childminding .... get the idea?

HTH .... and sorry again.

kelly21
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
dont be sorry, its fine its all advice.
well i live in lakenheath so could do something with that or the road is called mill road, any suggestions?

lakenheath minding service?
lakenheath childminding ?

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
i live on acorn terrace and my name is hazel, i called mine "hazels little acorns"
cheryl 1 thought of that for me, she has a web site and she goes by cheryls chilminding, i think, i have not finished my site yet.

hazelx i would give yourself a name and a website, never mind if others havent yet! they will soon follow.

button68
09-01-2008, 12:37 PM
i would give yourself a name and a website, never mind if others havent yet! they will soon follow.

Just scared to rock the boat. Don't want them to think I've got idea's above my station. :(

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 12:41 PM
its your business your the boss of it not them, you work for youself, do what you feel is best for your own business, im sure they may be a little envious, you want to stand out from the croud dont you! go for itx

hazelx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
It does not really matter what others think of you it is your business like Hazel said

If anyone is jealous then it is only because they did not think of it for themselves

You go for it do what you WANT to do

Good luck

Angel xx

Pauline
09-01-2008, 12:59 PM
My first thought was Kelly's Heros but you have to be a certain age to understand (It was a TV prog years ago) :)

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Ha funny Pauline because that was also my first thought ha

Angel xx

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
i remember that!

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
oh glad someone else does haha

Angel xx

sarah707
09-01-2008, 01:28 PM
I like Lakenheath Minding or Lakenheath Childminding... keeps it simple and makes sure everyone knows who you are... like the others have said, it's your business - the rest will follow.

Funny how many round here have had t-shirts done since we did ours... and having a car badged up is great.

It's only a small banner on the back with the website address but I was sitting in the cafe watching it in the car park just now and lots of people were glancing at the wording... lots of potential customers (plus grannies, aunties etc)! That's why it's good to be instantly recognisable and catchy... we went for yellow on black for the logo... it stands out really well - not so good if you've got a screaming toddler in tow I suppose :laughing:

Let us know what you decide :D

deeb66
09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
i remember that!

Ssshhhhh....don't tell anyone else but so do I:panic:

deeb66
09-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I like Lakenheath Minding or Lakenheath Childminding... keeps it simple and makes sure everyone knows who you are... like the others have said, it's your business - the rest will follow.

:D

Have to say I agree with Sarah.

I like Lakenheath Childminding.

Let us know what you decide

Mollymop
09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
I hope you find a name soon, I would like to help with suggestions but I ain't very good at it..lol!
I am thinking of a name for my website also.

Good luck, let us know what you decide XXX

Angela234
09-01-2008, 06:51 PM
MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS KELLYS HEROS OR "KELLY'S LITTLE HERO'S"

I KNOW NOT MUCH HELP

ANGELA

button68
09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS KELLYS HEROS OR "KELLY'S LITTLE HERO'S"

I KNOW NOT MUCH HELP

ANGELA

I like 'Kelly's Little Hero's" you could go the full hog and get it printed in bright pink on the back of a camoflage t-shirt ........ oh, in the same font and they did the M*A*S*H programme logo :D

Here is the M*A*S*H font http://www.typenow.net/themed.htm scroll down to number 84 :thumbsup:

kelly21
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
I have gone for kelly's little gems, quite like the sound of it

chubbymummy
10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
that sound's lovely

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I like the suggestion Lakenham Childminding sounds official, established and the front runner for all the other sin the area

woul put money nit if you call your self something others will follow so make sure you pick the best name xxx

deeb66
12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I have gone for kelly's little gems, quite like the sound of it

I quite like the sound of that too....think it is a good name

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 05:06 PM
ooops hadnt realised youd already picked one didnt read thread properly LOL

xxx

deeb66
12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
ooops hadnt realised youd already picked one didnt read thread properly LOL

xxx

Don't lie Susan....you hadn't put your glasses on ......do you want to borrow mine? - lol!!!!

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i should wear them actually for driving but never do xxx

deeb66
14-01-2008, 12:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i should wear them actually for driving but never do xxx

You are lucky.....I am short sighted and therefore have to wear them all the time.

barbarella68
14-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi I am in the process of trying to do a web site as well ,do I have to get someone to do it for me or do can I do it myself? Is it hard?
I am trying to think of a good name for Kelly but have come up with a blank.
Alyson

deeb66
14-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Pauline does them for a very reasonable fee....why not contact her to see if you want to go down that road.