PDA

View Full Version : Paying ICO when businesses close...

sarah707
12-04-2018, 08:07 PM
***NEWS FROM ICO ABOUT HOW LONG WE WILL NEED TO KEEP PAYING THEM AFTER WE FINISH CHILDMINDING - GDPR***

If you keep information about children and their families on PAPER you will NOT have to keep paying ICO when you stop childminding...

If you keep data in ELECTRONIC format you WILL need to keep paying ICO when you stop childminding...

Good news?

I suppose it depends on whether you have chosen to go paper-free or not!

Thank you to the PLA who are working to get us answers to our outstanding GDPR questions :D

Mouse
12-04-2018, 08:18 PM
I'll definitely stick with paper then!

BallyH
12-04-2018, 10:56 PM
Interesting. Thanks for letting us know.

FloraDora
13-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Is this new legalisation.?
I rang in September to inform them I had stopped childminding.
They informed me that I had to remove children’s data from computer, iPad phone etc...but that I could store the data securely on an external hard drive. So I downloaded all data from the ‘ site which cannot be mentioned’ which I used - they had an easy bulk download system, onto a large capacity external hardrive, which I keep at the back of my safe.

I thought you paid if you continue to store on your computer, iPad etc...so you have to pay to make sure you continue to store it securely, but perhaps they have changed the system?

SYLVIA
13-04-2018, 03:29 PM
That’s great news Sarah thank you

Dragonfly
13-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Staying with paper then! Thank you

sarah707
14-04-2018, 07:04 PM
Is this new legalisation.?
I rang in September to inform them I had stopped childminding.
They informed me that I had to remove children’s data from computer, iPad phone etc...but that I could store the data securely on an external hard drive. So I downloaded all data from the ‘ site which cannot be mentioned’ which I used - they had an easy bulk download system, onto a large capacity external hardrive, which I keep at the back of my safe.

I thought you paid if you continue to store on your computer, iPad etc...so you have to pay to make sure you continue to store it securely, but perhaps they have changed the system?

We have been working to find out this answer for a few months now with the Pre-school Learning Alliance supporting us.

Yes it's new information - it's relevant from the introduction of GDPR on 25th May :D