PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any frog spawn this year?

Maza
01-04-2018, 05:16 PM
I noticed last week that our local pond was full of frog spawn. I was just reading up on last year's thread about frog spawn and it made me laugh. Fussy, did any of yours turn into frogs? Ours did really well - they were toads actually.

Anyone getting/got any this year? I'm hoping we don't have too...

loocyloo
01-04-2018, 06:37 PM
My neighbours pond was almost all spawn and no water!

Wether any turn into frogs will be another matter as it appears one of my cats has taken to slurping frogspawn as a snack!

Maza
01-04-2018, 08:11 PM
My neighbours pond was almost all spawn and no water!

Wether any turn into frogs will be another matter as it appears one of my cats has taken to slurping frogspawn as a snack!

Eeeeeew!

Our resident robin (we consider him almost a pet) used to be drawn to ours like a magnet last year. It was the only time I have seen DD get cross with a bird. It must be tasty stuff!

Dragonfly
01-04-2018, 08:13 PM
My frogs have just started spawning in the pond. Bit late this year, probably the cold snowy weather had something to do with it. The spawn last year turned into frogs in the pond and a tank so children could observe the change.

FussyElmo
05-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Maza no we didnt have much luck we got to them having legs tjen they were all dead.

I really dont know what happened :panic:

Would like to attempt it again though :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
06-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Hoping to put some in a tank the same as last year. They turned from tadpoles to jumping frogs 🐸 two batches we done, children like loved it.