PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding courses

mumofone
24-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Can someone remind me how often we need to update which safeguarding courses please? I know I should know!
And what happens if there isn't any times and days we can attend for a while - do OFSTED monitor that we've always had up to date training or just when they visit that we have an up to date certificate?

moggy
24-03-2018, 03:10 PM
You just have to follow what is stated in the EYFS, which does not state any particular time for renewing training, but also have regard to any Local Authority guidance- some state particular local requirements for safeguarding training so best speak to your local authority or safeguarding board.

moggy
24-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Ofsted will judge your safeguarding knowledge by asking you questions at inspection. There is no particular qualification or certificate we need to show- you need to demonstrate your knowledge by how you work (proceedures etc) and how you answer their questions. Local authorities may ask for other things, though, so check with them.

moggy
24-03-2018, 03:15 PM
There are plenty of suitable online safeguarding courses (some free, some paid for) so you do not need to wait for a face-to-face training. These will be national though, so won't cover local reporting procedures etc You can update yourself on local procedures and changes by seeing your safeguarding board website.

Dragonfly
24-03-2018, 04:40 PM
We do it every 3 years 👍

BallyH
24-03-2018, 08:25 PM
I have to attend a half day LA classroom based training course every 3 years but keep myself 'fresh' by doing many online courses in between.