PDA

View Full Version : Educational games on the laptop

Poppy19
20-02-2018, 05:42 AM
Morning everyone, just wondered what educational games you play on the laptop with your little ones aged about 2/3.

Thank you.

sarah707
25-02-2018, 07:07 PM
We are watching a lot of CBeebies bedtime hour stories at the moment the children love them :D

moggy
25-02-2018, 07:24 PM
We prefer to learn from real life and are pretty much screen-free. They get so much screen time in the rest of their lives I see this as their haven for screen-free real life learning so parents do not have to worry about them being 'sat in front of the tv' or tablet. I know I have strong views on this but for those very young children, 3 and under, they need to see, feel, touch and experience the 'real' before they get hooked on instant-gratification, addictive screen time even if it is labelled by smart marketing as 'educational'.

loocyloo
25-02-2018, 08:22 PM
We don't really play games. I did find a hungry caterpillar app game that everyone enjoyed, and Talking Tom is great for encouraging talking!
Sometimes we look things/songs/stories up on YouTube that come up whilst we are talking, playing or reading books.

Poppy19
07-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Thank you very much for your replies, have looked at the ones mentioned. Great help thank you.