PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry (again!)

mumofone
06-02-2018, 07:26 PM
I have an annual tapestry subscription which costs me quite a bit but i only use it to plug in observations for each child. I used to do termly reports but stopped doing that. I don't feel i'm using it to its best capacity. What do you do in Tapestry, what do you recommend etc? I see it does some tracking options but it looks sooo complicated i daren't even try!

moggy
06-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Getting parents to post their own obs from home, parents commenting on my obs, reports- sharing with parents and parents adding comments (for 2yr Check at least, although I do more often). I never print photos so that is a big saving in time/money. There is a new Care Diary on the desktop version but I didn't like it. The assessment/tracking is more complex than we need so I give that a miss, although you can do neat things like see how many obs per area per child, and so on- there are lots of videos showing how to do things. I use the About Me on there. Parents just LOVE Tapestry, I have found- I show it right from their first visit so they know the benefits and that it is the way I work. I have also exported the journal to the next setting mindees have gone too who also use it.

Bumble Beez
07-02-2018, 07:41 AM
I have an annual tapestry subscription which costs me quite a bit but i only use it to plug in observations for each child. I used to do termly reports but stopped doing that. I don't feel i'm using it to its best capacity. What do you do in Tapestry, what do you recommend etc? I see it does some tracking options but it looks sooo complicated i daren't even try!

I'm very much the same as you!
I use it for observations, parents have access so can input what they've done on a weekend etc. I use the daily care diary which parents LOVE and I noticed yesterday that they have webinars to watch to help you get the most out of it, so you can guess what I'm doing this week :laughing: