PDA

View Full Version : This week the 2 year olds have discovered...

Mouse
30-01-2018, 03:40 PM
...masking tape!

Yesterday one of them was playing with a small car and trailer and was getting frustrated when they kept coming apart. I suggested we stuck them together and got the masking tape out. I showed them how to fasten them together...and that was the start of it. We've now got all sorts of things stuck together and random bits of masking tape stuck all over the place! We've always used masking tape for junk modelling as it's easier for them to handle then sellotape, but I'd never really thought of just letting them lose with a roll. And the good thing is it peels off easily when they've finished :thumbsup:

loocyloo
30-01-2018, 05:40 PM
I have a small table with a shiny surface ( ikea lack ) and sometimes put bits of masking tape on that for them to pull off and stick back on .... hours of fun!

X

BallyH
31-01-2018, 02:00 PM
What a good idea. Thank you Mouse as I find they get frustrated with sellotape as it sticks to itself before they have a chance to put it on the card etc.

Mouse
31-01-2018, 02:21 PM
We've gone through 2 rolls already this week so it's on the shopping list for the weekend!

sarah707
02-02-2018, 05:58 PM
It's ages since we played with it just for fun - we make a lot of roads with it at the moment we have little boys mad on brumming everywhere! :D