PDA

View Full Version : Not going out much

helendee
12-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Do any of you work mainly from home and don't go out on lots of outings?

My husband and I look after 6 under threes every day and don't have a large enough car to take them on nice outings; we have a lovely park just over the road which we use all the time and a toddler group which is open one day a week but apart from that we spend the majority of our time in the garden or in the house.
All of our parents are fine with this and we have just had our inspection and got a GOOD grading but I feel inadequate sometimes that I can't take them further afield.

Maza
12-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Why beat yourself up about it? Your main priority is keeping them safe, which is why you don't venture further afield. You give them good quality outdoor time and as long as they are given different experiences outdoors then that is the main thing.

Are they all full time?

helendee
12-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Thank you. They're a mixture of full and part-time.

FloraDora
12-01-2018, 08:27 PM
I only ever stayed local. I do have a small nature reserve next door which I visited daily. Also local shops, library van, busy road bridge, walk around estate looking at street furniture, house numbers, shapes in the ground... but rarely further afield...perhaps once a term....then just when we had two because of car seats. So don’t worry. My parents also were happy, they took them to the ‘days out’ type places.
My garden was well used every day, no matter the weather..so fresh air regularly...I was inspected in a January and played in garden and was graded outstanding.

It’s not where you go it’s what you do there....or near ....to home that is important.

Dragonfly
13-01-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't venture out the village.Going to zoo's etc used to be treat now it's the norm! Im not sure if this is good or bad.

Floradora said it' ….It's not where you go it's what you do'. I bet half the time children are glad not to be going anywhere, they lead such busy lives from an early age. (not knocking anyone that takes children out to places everyday by the way)

So don't worry about it. Im sure your mindees have fun with you.