PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5?

Tulip
11-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Hi
Is a learning journel required for a 4 year old who attends foundation 2 at nursery .
Child attends school nursery 9 til 3.30 5 days a week and has childcare either side of these hours?
Thanks

loocyloo
12-01-2018, 11:39 AM
hello!

ummmmm ... I don't know, but I would probably just be doing a very basic scrapbook and the occasional observation ( 1 or 2 a term? ) until end of reception ( school year in which they turn 5). I don't highlight/follow a tracker per se for my fulltime reception children, but do keep a scrapbook of photos, craft photos etc.

moggy
12-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Are you in England? Not sure what Foundation 2 is.
If in England-
Once they are in Reception class, that starts the Sept after their 4th birthday, and in full-time school (Mon-Fri 9-3 or similar) then you do not need to do learning and development records, just keep in touch with school. School are in charge of their learning and you are just 'wrap around' and holiday care.
If they are in a nursery (even within a school), then you need to follow full EYFS (if in England) and work together with the other EY providers (ideally!) so you still do obs/next steps etc. but in relation to the hours they spend with you of course and could be copied/shared from the nursery so you are all 'working together'.