PDA

View Full Version : DBS update service

mumofone
27-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Sorry if this has been done before but I have just received a letter saying mine and my partners DBS are due for updating. Am i right in thinking we no longer have to do this???? Is anyone NOT doing it? I am really tempted not to as it will save me £26 but I dont want it to come back and bite me! What are you all doing?

FussyElmo
28-12-2017, 07:59 AM
The dbs no longer has to be signed up to the update. Ofsted are recommending we still do but cannot insist we do.

So it's entirely up to you if you carry on or not :)

Mouse
28-12-2017, 11:13 AM
My daughter would be due the update next month, but I’m not going to do it. One of my sons has a DBS, but it was done before the update service was introduced. The rest of us are on CRBs or the original police checks from before CRB even existed.

If it’s not necessary for any of the rest of us to be on an update service I really can’t see why my daughter would need to be. I know your situation is different in that you’re the childminder, not just a person living in the childminding house like my daughter is, but the same principle applies - if Ofsted don’t even expect me to have a DBS, why should they expect you to pay for an annual update? It can’t be that vital if they don’t require every registered person to have it.

FussyElmo
29-12-2017, 12:02 PM
We decided to keep our oldest going because paying 13 a year is cheaper than the 53 if she moves out and comes back home again.

So we have 4 years to decide if it's cost effective :laughing::laughing: