PDA

View Full Version : What happens after pre-registration visit?

Chante42
22-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Hi all,

I had my pre-registration visit earlier this week, and was told that she would recommend me to Ofsted and that her report will go off to their quality assurance team, but Ofsted have the overall decision.

Does that mean on Ofsted Online where ‘suitabilities’ are in tracking mean that there should be a comment?
Or should the application then be marked as complete instead of in progress still?

How long before the certificates comes through or any acknowledgement since pre registration?

moggy
22-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Certificate will come in the post but with Christmas it could be delayed, I'd have thought. Can be a couple of weeks from pre-reg to receiving certificate but it is hard to tell.

Chante42
23-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Thanks. Do you think it would be wrong to start advertising now?

Should Ofsted Online progress section be updated?

FussyElmo
24-12-2017, 07:26 AM
You can start advertising but you just have to say you are not yet registered.

Fingers crossed the certificate will be with you next week and you will officially be a childminder :thumbsup:

moggy
24-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks. Do you think it would be wrong to start advertising now?

Should Ofsted Online progress section be updated?

Certainly start advertising- but you must be clear that you are not registered yet, you can say 'soon to be registered' or 'new childminder available this Spring' etc. Often people look months in advance so you might be able to get some interest and then sign contracts once your certificate arrives. You never know what hold ups could happen, so don't promise anything until that certificate is in your hand!