PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5?? Is it necessary?

Alice_Christina
17-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Hello!

I am just getting to grips with all the things I need to have in place to become a professional childminder.

I have a degree in Early Childhood and an NVQ 3 in Childcare and Education. I was wondering if I still had to do the CYPOP5 ("Understand how to set up a home-based childcare service" unit) as I have a sound knowledge of the requirements of caring for young children. Pacey says CYPOP5 is recommended so should I take this to mean that it's optional? :huh:

I work in a nursery and am very familiar with policies, procedures, safety, the Foundation Phase, planning activities to meet needs and support learning and development, etc. etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated! (already found tons of helpful advice just browsing the forums :thumbsup: )

Thanks!

sarah707
19-12-2017, 09:15 PM
If you feel you could get through a pre-registration inspection without it then go ahead - but it is recommended.

You don't need to do it through pacey though - there are a few providers - PLA are another early years providers who offer it.

The course will give you a grounding in business planning and how to run a childminding business from home as well as covering the learning and development requirements :D