PDA

View Full Version : My Garden

Nicki L
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Finally my garden is becoming interesting - my mindee has been out there all morning looking at everything.

we have strawberries - some are turning red, we have tomatoes turning colour and our pumpkin plant is finally producing pumpkins!!!

We picked the runner beans and carrots the other week but they are boring really.

Oh and we had radishes and lettuces a month or so ago which they enjoyed.

There sunflowers are about to bloom too by the look of it - we are all very proud of ourselves!!!

Lou
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Sounds lovely.

you should be proud of yourselves.

I cant grow anything!!!! except weeds lol

Nicki L
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Sounds lovely.

you should be proud of yourselves.

I cant grow anything!!!! except weeds lol

I have lots of them too - i let my husband deal with them lol!:laughing:

LisaH
11-08-2008, 07:47 PM
We've managed to grow lots of exciting things this year too!! The kids love eating things they have grown themselves.

We also have a few captive caterpillars that we are hoping to watch turn into butterflies.

Oh and I also have my fair share of weeds too.Lol:)

Trouble
11-08-2008, 08:00 PM
We've managed to grow lots of exciting things this year too!! The kids love eating things they have grown themselves.

We also have a few captive caterpillars that we are hoping to watch turn into butterflies.

Oh and I also have my fair share of weeds too.Lol:)

my catapillars are now pupaes but arent coming out??? how long does it take:panic:

LisaH
11-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Lol. I have no idea, must google it!! :)

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow, well done all.

I too this year decided to be a little green fingers. We have also grown pumpkins, tomatoes, cucumber, sunflowers and courgettes. Still waiting for the peppers to show.

I'm normally so rubbish at anything like this so also feeling very proud this year.

Wiggly
x

Trouble
11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
radish are easy and quick so is sweetcorn in a big tub:thumbsup:

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 08:07 PM

Goody, I'll remember this for next year.

wiggly
x

Trouble
11-08-2008, 08:08 PM
and dont forget cress;)

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 08:10 PM
and dont forget cress;)

Oh yes, you can just about grow cress anywhere - lol.

Wiggly
x

Donkey
11-08-2008, 08:31 PM
my spinach has all gone to seed and I don't know why

:(

only had a few omlettes out of it :panic:

Nicki L
11-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh yes, you can just about grow cress anywhere - lol.

Wiggly
x

Thats what i thought until DH tried to grow some this year and failed - it just went furry and mouldy!!!!

Nicki L
11-08-2008, 08:53 PM

Never heard of this - how do you grow sweetcorn in a tub is it from seeds???, excuse me if i sound dumb!:laughing:

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Thats what i thought until DH tried to grow some this year and failed - it just went furry and mouldy!!!!

Oops - sorry. Cress is the only thing I have tried to grow with my kids in the past because I knew it would. Ummmm.

I was a little braver this summer and ventured out - lol.

Wiggly
x

jaytravis
12-08-2008, 07:07 AM
sounds good weve grown peas s carrots and pumkins
this ius the first year i have ever grown anything as so far they have been good
anyone else who is growing pumpkins how do you do it our vines are nearly taking over the garden lol and we have about 6 mini pumpkins

Wiggly
12-08-2008, 07:09 AM
I've grown my pumpkins in pots as I had nowhere to put them in the ground. They have grown really tall and I have kept tieing them to canes. Not the best solution but all I could do really.

Wiggly
x

Nicki L
12-08-2008, 08:12 AM
i have grown mine in an old style ceramic sink!! it has kept it contained but it does hang over quite a bit:)

Polly2
12-08-2008, 09:26 AM
The slugs ate my sunflowers :(

Pedagog
12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Finally my garden is becoming interesting - my mindee has been out there all morning looking at everything.

we have strawberries - some are turning red, we have tomatoes turning colour and our pumpkin plant is finally producing pumpkins!!!

We picked the runner beans and carrots the other week but they are boring really.

Oh and we had radishes and lettuces a month or so ago which they enjoyed.

There sunflowers are about to bloom too by the look of it - we are all very proud of ourselves!!!

Its great isn't it my garden was really barren at the beginning of the year, but now is alive with colour from flowers and fruits.

Wiggly
12-08-2008, 10:09 AM
The slugs ate my sunflowers :(

My sunflowers bloomed and very quickly died again - ummmmm.

Wiggly
x

Nicki L
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
how i hate slugs!!! they have ruined many a good plant!