PDA

View Full Version : Foot and mouth

Angie81
27-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Hello, one of the children I look after has foot and mouth :( Im wondering how long they have to say away before they can come back. I have young children myself so I don't want mine to catch it, please can anyone help

FloraDora
27-10-2017, 06:03 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/522337/Guidance_on_infection_control_in_schools.pdf

Advice is none.

I would say they should stay away until they are feeling better and eating normally as it often makes them have a high temp, sore throat, generally unwell and not feel like eating with tummy aches.

tulip0803
27-10-2017, 06:04 PM
There is no official exclusion period for Hand, foot and mouth but it is very contagious. I've had a LO get it recently and he was too ill to come anyway but I wouldn't have accepted him until the blisters were healing. When he came back about 10 days after it started his poor little hands were peeling :(

Dragonfly
27-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Its up to you how long the child stays away.I would take them back after the blisters have dried up and the child is well enough, if they were ill. Not all children feel unwell with it but lots do.The official guide is useful but it says no exclusion for lots of things I would say stay away with for a couple or so days.