PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ofsted

RebeccaD
23-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Hi just wondering if I need to let Ofsted know I've started childminding or do they just assume I am passed registration?
Do I just give them a call? Do they also look at how you run your business, do they look at invoices on inspection? I've got all my invoices on a computer is it ok just to show them that or do they not even bother about that side of the business?
Newbee here so be nice Thanks

sarah707
24-10-2017, 04:37 PM
You only need to let Ofsted know you are working if they have asked you to inform them ... maybe you've taken time off and they have said to send them an email when you return.

Ofsted do not take an interest in the invoicing side of our business. That's between us and hmrc. You can use an invoice if you wish -or not - it's up to you.

I hope you are having fun! :D

Kiddleywinks
25-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Hi just wondering if I need to let Ofsted know I've started childminding or do they just assume I am passed registration?
Do I just give them a call? Do they also look at how you run your business, do they look at invoices on inspection? I've got all my invoices on a computer is it ok just to show them that or do they not even bother about that side of the business?
Newbee here so be nice Thanks

Have you had your pre reg visit from Ofsted?
You cannot start minding until Ofsted have visited, approved you, and issued you your certificate.
Once you have your certificate, it's up to you when you start any children, as Sarah says above, no need to inform anyone.
Ofsted have no interest in your accounts paperwork, but they are allowed to look at your contracts.

Happy minding! :thumbsup: