PDA

View Full Version : WRITTEN PROOF THAT CONTINUITY OF CARE IS ALLOWED BY OFSTED & Dfe

hectors house
20-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Can someone please point me to the best information on here regarding Continuity of Care so I can prove to my Local Authority that we are allowed to go over the 3 children under 5 ratio - as they are saying we can only claim funding for 3 children attending at the same time as that is the ratio set by Dfe & Ofsted, but sometimes I have 4 children entitled to funding on certain days due to COC. They want it in writing from an official source. Many thanks :)

blue bear
21-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Best thing you could do is email the Department for education with your particular circumstance and get them to clarify it's allowed. The local authority won't be able to argue with that as it's the dfe who writes the eyfs.

blue bear
21-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Eyfs. 3.42. If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and Ofsted inspectors or their childminder agency that the individual needs of all the children are being met, exceptions to the usual ratios can be made, for example, when childminders are caring for sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby, or to maintain continuity of care. If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays they may be cared for at the same time as three other young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

or to maintain continuity of care Is in that paragraph

hectors house
22-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Thank you so much I had read that paragraph and missed the "continuity of care line" - I have sent them an email and hopefully they agree. :thumbsup: