PDA

View Full Version : childcare vouchers and tax free

mumofone
08-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Are we still able to receive childcare vouchers/ How much longer for? How soon do we have to sign up to the tax free system? is there a deadline for it? thank you!

moggy
08-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Parents on old voucher system just carry on using vouchers until child is too old (age 16? I don't know). But new parents can't sign up to vouchers now, I believe.
New tax-free childcare system: you just sign up when you want. It is the new system, long term, so you just sign up and then you are done.
Both systems will run in parallel for a long time yet.

hectors house
13-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Parents on old voucher system just carry on using vouchers until child is too old (age 16? I don't know). But new parents can't sign up to vouchers now, I believe.
New tax-free childcare system: you just sign up when you want. It is the new system, long term, so you just sign up and then you are done.
Both systems will run in parallel for a long time yet.

I believe that if the parent changes jobs and if the new employer uses a different voucher company then they will have to sign up to Tax Free Childcare as they won't be able to join another voucher company.

sarah707
13-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Some information here :D

Tax-Free Childcare | Busy Bees Hive (http://busybeesbenefits.com/childcare/tax-free-childcare/)