PDA

View Full Version : Help with fees

Mags
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Would you believe it....only a few days ago i was saying that i don't relly like school pick ups/drop offs because of going out in all weathers....well, just had a call from a parent who is desperate to sort out after school care for her 2 children starting Sept.

I felt a bit on the spot to be honest as i could tell she was eager to sort something out before they go away on holiday....that eager she is coming to see me this evening:(

Anyway what i want to ask is how do i go about working out fees for her 2 lo's. Should i have i min of 2 hours per day???? Would you normally dicount for the second child? if so how much?

I normally charge £3.00 per hour....if i am going to do this i want to make it worth my while.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.x

sarah707
11-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Are you going to be providing tea? If so are you wanting to charge extra?

You need to stay competitive with the local clubs but also make it worth your while.

sorry neither use nor ornament i'll go away now ... good luck! :D

miffy
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I would charge my normal hourly rate for each child and a minimum of one hour before and two hours after school if she wanted both ways. I don't do a discount for siblings.

I'd also charge extra for tea if it was needed.

If you're unsure what to charge then see what else is available and how your charges compare

HTH

Miffy xx

miffy
Sorry - forgot to say good luck!

Miffy xx

Angela234
I think i would do it as its 2 children i had 2 before school for 3/4 hour still charged min 2 hours but knocked second child down to £2 instead of £3 so £10 a day its worth it

Angela

Mags
11-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Ha ha Sarah...you? no use? NEVER!!!!!

No i won't be providing tea's, just drinks and snacks.

Mrs.L.C
11-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Hope it went well. I always charge after school care at a slightly higher rate as once you get too many, they are taking up space to a full time under 5 so i usualy charge £10 a session (3.15-6pm) or £3.75 per hour but i provide a small tea time snack, fruits and drinks and 10% discount for siblings off the finaly bill

LisaH
11-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi there, how did it go?

I charge £3 per hour, per child (even siblings). I also charge for the full hour in the mornings and min 2 hours after school. Also only provide snacks that are included in fees.:)

Mags
11-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi,

thanks to everyone for your replies......

Took the advice of setting a minimum of 2 hours and only charging £2.00 per hour for second child.

Met mum and her two lovely little girls....both very polite and well spoken.....youngest had no problem in making herself at home :) a real little chatterbox!

Agreed on £10.00 per day....and contracts were signed, they'll be starting in September ( also full time during holidays)....it works out lovely as one of my full timers doesn't come during school holidays as his mum teaches so i will still be within my numbers.

Thanks again everyone:D

LisaH
11-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Thats great, always nice when things work out perfectly.

Roll on September and good luck.:)