PDA

View Full Version : Interesting weekend

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Well ... my weekend has not gone to plan. Hope you've all had better ones!

Thought I had indigestion Thursday, that somehow turned into stitch...
Had my appendix removed this morning! ... perforated with an absess. Glad I went to see DR yesterday morning.

In hospital for a few days and then 2-4 (😲) weeks off work!

Bless one of my mum's who is all trained as a childminder with dbs/ first aid etc but doesn't childminder has offered to come and help ... BUT her babe is due TOMORROW!

Kiddleywinks
24-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Oh good grief :eek: You don't do things by halves do you Lucyloo?!

It's good that you caught it in time, hope you're feeling better soon x

mama2three
24-09-2017, 02:57 PM
That's an extreme way to get a rest,,! Feel well soon loocyloo xx

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Oh good grief :eek: You don't do things by halves do you Lucyloo?!

It's good that you caught it in time, hope you're feeling better soon x

Thanks! Xx

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 03:49 PM
That's an extreme way to get a rest,,! Feel well soon loocyloo xx

You are not the first person to say that as I'm always on the go!
Thanks x

sarah707
24-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Blimey thank goodness they found it and dealt with it! Take it easy and heal quickly xx

watford wizz
24-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Ouch!! Look after yourself and get well soon x

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Blimey thank goodness they found it and dealt with it! Take it easy and heal quickly xx

Thanks xxx

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Ouch!! Look after yourself and get well soon x

Thanks xxx

Mouse
24-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Oh blimey, thank goodness you went and got it checked out.

Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Oh blimey, thank goodness you went and got it checked out.

Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Thanks. I very nearly didn't. I went in saying I thought I might be wasting his time! Oops!
X

blue bear
24-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Oh my word, not a weekend I envy 😟 Get well soon 😄

Maza
24-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Oh gosh, poor you. I'm glad to hear they are keeping you in for a few days - people seem to have to leave really soon after operations these days.

Have you got some help for your own children?

Hope you feel better soon. x

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Oh my word, not a weekend I envy ?de1f Get well soon ?de04

Thanks xxx

FussyElmo
24-09-2017, 07:58 PM

Had my appendix removed this morning! ... perforated with an absess. Glad I went to see DR yesterday morning.

In hospital for a few days and then 2-4 (?de32) weeks off work!

Bless one of my mum's who is all trained as a childminder with dbs/ first aid etc but doesn't childminder has offered to come and help ... BUT her babe is due TOMORROW!

Thst really is an interesting weekend. Now as hard as it is please after yourself and rest xx

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Oh gosh, poor you. I'm glad to hear they are keeping you in for a few days - people seem to have to leave really soon after operations these days.

Have you got some help for your own children?

Hope you feel better soon. x

Thank you. My Dr said it can be an 'in and out' but I guess that's if it's a 'simple' case. Mine appears to have been anything but!

My sil is coming to stay make sure I actually do rest ( she knows me well ;0) ) and to help with DD and DS.
And all of my lovely parents are offering help to me and each other.

I've never had more than 2 days off ill in 14 yrs of minding! So am not sure how I'll feel about it once I'm actually home.

loocyloo
24-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Thst really is an interesting weekend. Now as hard as it is please after yourself and rest xx

Lol! I will! Thank you xx

FloraDora
25-09-2017, 04:47 AM
Scary would be my word - ever optimistic and positive thinking Loocyloo, you use 'interesting' !

It always warms me to hear of friends and family gathering and being helpful, it is good that yours are so nice.

I hope you have a speedy recovery...this extended stay, although probably annoying, is perhaps better to install R&R into your routine. It's too easy to just slot back into life after this type of operation....there is a reason that 4 weeks rest is recommended. Fingers crossed your recovery goes smoothly.

loocyloo
25-09-2017, 06:37 AM
Scary would be my word - ever optimistic and positive thinking Loocyloo, you use 'interesting' !

It always warms me to hear of friends and family gathering and being helpful, it is good that yours are so nice.

I hope you have a speedy recovery...this extended stay, although probably annoying, is perhaps better to install R&R into your routine. It's too easy to just slot back into life after this type of operation....there is a reason that 4 weeks rest is recommended. Fingers crossed your recovery goes smoothly.

Thank you. :0)

It is somewhat typical of me, that in the middle of the night whilst awake having IV whathaveyous I started to think of all those niggling little paperwork jobs (like actually filing 16/17 tax ;0) ) I could get done in the peace with no children!!!. But seriously, I will rest properly and know that's what I need to do. It's just going to be hard!

hectors house
25-09-2017, 09:12 AM
I guess your "stitch" turned into "stitches" - hope you aren't too uncomfortable now and make a speedy recovery. xxx

Ellisha
25-09-2017, 10:43 AM

In hospital for a few days and then 2-4 (?de32) weeks off work!

Oh dear. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It's all too easy in thus job not to go and see the doctor.

loocyloo
25-09-2017, 10:51 AM
I guess your "stitch" turned into "stitches" - hope you aren't too uncomfortable now and make a speedy recovery. xxx

Thanks ... going home later and apparently I'll be fine to work in a couple of weeks!

loocyloo
25-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Oh dear. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It's all too easy in thus job not to go and see the doctor.

Yup! I had a really busy day on the Friday, with 3 little ones and wouldn't have been able to manage them in the surgery! But it is a cautionary tale to remind us all to take our own health seriously.

Thanks x

Maza
25-09-2017, 06:15 PM
At least you'll have more time to spend on here!

loocyloo
25-09-2017, 06:17 PM
At least you'll have more time to spend on here!

Nooooooo ! Haahaahaa

You'll all be bored. I'll have nothing to say!

SYLVIA
25-09-2017, 09:34 PM
OMG. Make sure you rest and let your family look after you