PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding training course

Kaybeaa
17-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Hi I've just started up childminding again after a year off on maternity. and need to update my safeguarding training (last done 2014) does anyone know if it's the basic training I'm going for? (It's £30 with my local authority (Cheshire east) currently) there's free ones available but the basic awareness one is £30 for two hours and I presume that's the one that ofsted want to see? TIA

moggy
17-09-2017, 10:23 AM
The Dof E don't specify a particular course in the EYFS but the requirements are all listed there- read Section 3, 3.4 to 3.8. Your LA and/or Local Safeguarding Board may ask for a particular course- so follow local advice and you need to know your local reporting procedures. Personally, it is such an important subject I would do the LA course every 2-3 years and then an update on-line every year, plus checking your Safeguarding Board's website for updates regularly (monthly maybe).

sarah707
18-09-2017, 07:19 PM
I advise a local authority course because you get the local information - reporting procedures - phone numbers etc.

Also go on the Cheshire East Local Safeguarding Children Board website and you will find lots of information :D