PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy help

mumofone
13-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Sorry i know this has been done to death but im after a double buggy, I want to buy second hand to keep the cost down. I need something with hard solid wheels as cant be faffed with punctures, i do find them much harder to push though than ones with pneumatic wheels so anything easy to push would be great. Something that easily goes up an down pavements with 2 heavy toddlers in. The bigger the age range it takes the better. Help me!!! :-)
I want a side by side one particularly.

loocyloo
13-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Sorry i know this has been done to death but im after a double buggy, I want to buy second hand to keep the cost down. I need something with hard solid wheels as cant be faffed with punctures, i do find them much harder to push though than ones with pneumatic wheels so anything easy to push would be great. Something that easily goes up an down pavements with 2 heavy toddlers in. The bigger the age range it takes the better. Help me!!! :-)

I like the nipper360 twin, you can get them reasonably priced second hand and I'm pretty sure you can buy solid wheels for them.

Dragonfly
14-09-2017, 06:25 AM
You can buy solid wheels for the double nippers but they only come at 10" where are the pneumatic ones are 12" it surprisingly makes a difference.i really like my double out n about v4

mama2three
14-09-2017, 07:16 AM
I don't think there's a buggy to beat the nipper/ out n about 360 , but it doesn't fit through my doors so I have the mountain buggy duet. Both come with pneumatic tyres but you can get solid replacements. There's definitely more room to grow in the nipper

moggy
14-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Nipper 360 out'n'about double, definitely the best. I carry a small pump in case of punctures but hasn't happened often (fingers crossed)

Ellisha
14-09-2017, 08:36 AM

I also have a nipper 360 which I had to buy solid EVA wheels for. I had it from new when my kids were tiny and had no problems with punctures but once I started childminding I would end up getting punctures regularly. I think the new wheels cost about £40 but it was better than repairing inner tubes, buying new inner tubes, buying slime to go in the tyres - none of which really helped. It is slightly more difficult to push with solid tyres but I can still push one handed!

blue bear
14-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Nipper 360 fan here too, personally I find the version 1 the most comfortable to push, it's a bit wider than the newer versions (some version 2's are wide too) the hard wheels dont fit the version one either but you can either add slime to avoid punctures (bike shop will do it for you) or buy hard inners think they are called caterpillar tubes to stop punctures.

Dragonfly
14-09-2017, 04:43 PM
I find the nipper slightly harder to push with the EVA wheels on but not much and I don't use them that often. Feels different with smaller wheels. sorry to hear it doesn't go through your door mama2three I've never had a problem with it going through standard doors.

loocyloo
14-09-2017, 06:46 PM
I find the nipper slightly harder to push with the EVA wheels on but not much and I don't use them that often. Feels different with smaller wheels. sorry to hear it doesn't go through your door mama2three I've never had a problem with it going through standard doors.

mine goes through every door EXCEPT the door to the Doctors surgery !!!! :rolleyes:

I have slime in my tyres, but I'm going to investigate solid inner tubes blue bear! I usually keep mine up all the time, as its my school run buggy/local walks, but I've got 2 tinies each day at the moment, and it would be easier to push around the woods than my Maclaren twin with tiny wheels! but I don't want to risk getting a puncture PLUS ( hangs head in shame ) I can't remember how to fold it down !!!! :blush::blush: ( and I'd need to fold it, to put it in the car )

Dragonfly
15-09-2017, 06:46 AM
Put in you tubeout n about double pushchair will show you how to fold the pushchchair.

Lift the black levers either side then push small catch up or down on right hand side. I think. Maybe mines a v4 so may be slightly different on earlier version but try you tube.

loocyloo
15-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Put in you tubeout n about double pushchair will show you how to fold the pushchchair.

Lift the black levers either side then push small catch up or down on right hand side. I think. Maybe mines a v4 so may be slightly different on earlier version but try you tube.

LOL thank you! ... why didn't I think of youtube? !!! :laughing:

Dragonfly
15-09-2017, 06:51 AM
And don't forget wheels clip off easy which is a bonus.

hectors house
15-09-2017, 12:22 PM
You can't get solid replacement wheels for the V1 model of Out & About - unfortunately I have that one but I rarely get punctures (famous last words and all that)!

loocyloo
15-09-2017, 03:31 PM
You can't get solid replacement wheels for the V1 model of Out & About - unfortunately I have that one but I rarely get punctures (famous last words and all that)!

Same here ... but I'm looking into solid inner tubes... as yet no luck finding any in this country!

Dragonfly
15-09-2017, 05:46 PM
No you can't . I had that one or v2 before I purchased a new v4 couldn't get solid wheels for them . Got rid of all my pushchairs and brought the v4 that is used for two children or one as haven't single now.

watford wizz
16-09-2017, 04:54 PM
I have no idea wether this would work or is possible but I'm sure for cars you can get some substance that you can pump into a tyre to mend a puncture??? Or could be push bikes? Could you not fill air filled tyres with this???
May not be at all possible just a thought X

blue bear
16-09-2017, 05:41 PM
BlueTube (http://bluetube.biz/index.php?route=common/home)

loocyloo
16-09-2017, 05:46 PM
I have no idea wether this would work or is possible but I'm sure for cars you can get some substance that you can pump into a tyre to mend a puncture??? Or could be push bikes? Could you not fill air filled tyres with this???

Mine are pretty much full of the stuff that is usually put in ride on lawn mowers!
But I would like to get solid inner tubes!

Thank you Blue bear ... that link looks great. Sadly I can't quote you to say thanks as everytime I try it clicks on the link!

hectors house
18-09-2017, 12:35 PM

I know I saw a photo on here or facebook page where someone had put the slime in their tyres and the tyre burst in her porch, covering everything from ceiling to floor in green slime - think I would rather put up with occasional punctures - that photo still haunts me.

Dragonfly
18-09-2017, 04:12 PM
That reminds me of years ago.cycling along with a sister and her bike wheel exploded!!!!! Slime all over the road.:laughing::laughing: nobody was hurt I have to say.

watford wizz
18-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Slime wasn't quite what I meant but I'm sure this incident covered more of the EYFS. In/out, effect of pressure, texture and projection, dirty/clean, cause and effect........

mumofone
18-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone, i LOVE this forum! :)
You're all so helpful as always. THANK YOU! X

hectors house
18-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Slime wasn't quite what I meant but I'm sure this incident covered more of the EYFS. In/out, effect of pressure, texture and projection, dirty/clean, cause and effect........

I was thinking more of PSE "Managing feelings & behaviour" "Shows range of emotions such as pleasure, fear and excitement" !

Maza
04-08-2021, 12:40 PM
Love looking at old threads! Everyone is fairly consistent with their recommendations.

loocyloo
04-08-2021, 09:32 PM
I bought a new outnabout double nipper earlier this year. 2nd hand but almost new! I then bought Eva solid tyres for it. I love it and wish I'd bought it years ago!

mama2three
03-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Didn’t k ow about solid tyres , off to google! :clapping:

Dragonfly
03-09-2021, 01:50 PM
Get them From out n about company.

loocyloo
04-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Kiddies Kingdom were the cheapest!

Dragonfly
06-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Were they!!!! Never heard of kiddies kingdom.