PDA

View Full Version : preschool child 'tracker'

loocyloo
11-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Good morning.

usually, when I have a child who also attends preschool, they also spend at least a day with me. I have a new child who is full time at local preschool, but I pick him up 2 afternoons at 3pm and he comes home with me for tea. He was new to me this term. I have started a LJ for him, and will put in/share any obs I have ( I hope that preschool will share theirs with me, as I will share mine with them, but from experience, I'm not very hopeful! ) In that he will only be with me 1.5 hrs each day/total 3 hrs a week, some of which will be spent walking home and eating tea, do I need to complete a 'tracker' for him?

i know i don't need to when a child is in reception, but I've never had this scenario before.

thank you for any help!

xx

Dragonfly
12-09-2017, 07:04 AM
I shouldn't think so for such a short time with you.

moggy
12-09-2017, 08:10 AM
A tracker is not a requirement at all in the EYFS.

Kiddleywinks
12-09-2017, 10:59 AM
As Moggy says, a tracker isn't a requirement, however, you will need to show development so just stay on top of your LJ

sarah707
14-09-2017, 06:09 PM
It's not in the Eyfs but it is in the inspection handbook - Ofsted want to see children making good progress from their starting points and a tracker allows you to do that quickly and easily.

i'd recommend it :D

loocyloo
14-09-2017, 06:39 PM
It's not in the Eyfs but it is in the inspection handbook - Ofsted want to see children making good progress from their starting points and a tracker allows you to do that quickly and easily.

i'd recommend it :D

Thanks,

I'm not going to be able to fill very much in, but i'll start one off.