PDA

View Full Version : First meeting

SonnysMummy
11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Can i ask when you first meet with parents what do you do? Obviously you show them around your home but do you go into the policies etc? Do you show them your massive portfolio of policies and paperwork?!;) Or is the first meeting supposed to be not as in depth as that? Hopefully this one will turn up...6.30pm tonight!!!

Kelly:)

LOOPYLISA
11-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi, this is a question i have been wanting to ask, i think this is the bit im dreading the most!!!!!:thumbsup:

Polly2
11-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I chat about me, my famiily, ages of children I mind, things we do, themes we follow, answering any questions as I go along.

Also make time to interact with the child.

I show them round the house and garden, and go meet my dogs!

Then they leave with my parent pack. I tend to do policys etc when I sign contracts but sometimes they want to sign up there and then :eek: so have to do all at once.

Hope it goes well for you hun - this is just the way I do things - everyone different and the main thing is just to be yourself.

butterfly
11-08-2008, 03:44 PM
i've had a few meetings - one this morning

i invited them in saying hello to the child and introducing my own. then i ask them if they would like a drink and show them the kitchen hoping they notice my notice board with children's work on it. maybe mention this is where we eat and do cooking, art and craft.

then i show them into lounge and take them out in the garden if dry if not show them through the window!

then we sit and chat. sometimes they ask questions. sometimes i ask them about the child what they like doing, routine etc just for chat really.

if it goes a bit quiet i show them my parent handbook which they can take away includes info and policies.

i try to show them my daily diary (if child under 5) and an example eyfs file or just explain the obs i do.

try to spend as much time as possible with the child. always put something out to do. in the past i've relied on my d (3) to show them the toys but she's let me down saying 'no!' today i put a treasure basket on the floor and the 3 children sat round it and played.

if i remember i show them the children's shoe baskets and coat pegs and downstairs toilet!

always ask if they have any questions, get info about what hours they want and make sure you ask them to call you with a decision in 5/10 days!

Pudding Girl
11-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Bring them in, chat a bit, ask about them, what they do, where they live etc to make them at ease.

Make a cuppa while I leave them to look through portfolio

Have cuppa and a natter about the portfolio

Bring them for a look round.

If they want to sign up there and then, do that - if not tell them I need a decision by X and make sure I have their details.

It's really not so bad, and rememebr they are nervous too!

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Good advice already offered - just want to wish you luck.

Wiggly
x

SonnysMummy
13-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Wait for it...:happy banana: :cheerleader: :welldone:
I got it ladies!!! She wants me three days a week after school and 2 full days in the holidays:)
Now just wondering if anyone can help me? I have just now joined ncma and got their public liability insurance, contracts and accounts book but can't see them being here for monday. Would anyone be able to post me an ncma contract so that i can use it for monday? I promise that i'd send one back once i got my book. I'd be so grateful if someone could help:)
Also; do i need to sort my car and home insurance out now?
WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
13-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Sorry can't help with the contract...

Yes you need to sort out car and house insurance...

congratulations! :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Congratulations

If you are in a hurry speak to your Development Officer or order on the NCMA website and they will be with you by Friday

Well done

Debbie

miffy
13-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Have pm'd you

Miffy xx