PDA

View Full Version : Which patio slabs

janminder
15-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Just wondering what patio slabs people have. Getting one done and said to contractor I wanted smooth what he brought with him this morning was very rough so been returned and I said I would source some. Want some nice for toddlers knees etc ones he brought wouldn't have been

moggy
15-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Natural sandstone here, not had a problem with crawlers- some develop a clever feet-and-hands crawling method for rough ground! More of a concern is being slippery in ice/wet which is why I like a naturally textured stone.

FloraDora
15-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Mine are cobble stone effect - lots of bumps in it.
Was fine - ok for small wheeled too - DH said it was good training for the Tour de France!
Mine loved the cobbles - using them as interest focussed play, running fingers around, putting natural play materials on each one, sweeping sand from between them, painting them with water or chalking on them - they add interest - lots of further characteristics of learning opportunities.
They don't have to be completely flat!
For completely flat surfaces - we went out the front in the cul de sac and actually went out with scooters and bikes and scoot alongs in park next door.
We can get a little hung up on H&S, perfect surfaces...LO's develop and think and cope when everything isn't perfect.

PS ...just checked my accident and incident reports - none were on the cobbled style patio! In fact only one was in the garden !

janminder
15-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Thanks. Have seen some in Wickes called Firedstone they are slightly textured non slip that seem ok - the builders one were awful to touch. Think I will go with them.