PDA

View Full Version : 30 hours effects start...

mumofone
07-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Essex nursery 'closes because of universal free hours scheme' - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40660648)

Thought some of you may be interested to read this.

watford wizz
08-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Just think this is so sad.

Mouse
08-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Yet where I am there seem to be settings expanding to take on more funded children. I guess it depends on where you live and how much the funded rate is compared to normal rates.

It's going to be very intersting to see how it works out over the next year and how many nurseries do have to close because of it.

loocyloo
08-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Yet where I am there seem to be settings expanding to take on more funded children. I guess it depends on where you live and how much the funded rate is compared to normal rates.

It's going to be very intersting to see how it works out over the next year and how many nurseries do have to close because of it.

I know of 2 childminders who gave up at the end of summer term. Funding wasn't the whole reason for either of them, but was certainly a contributing factor. I also know 2 more childminders who are not offering any funded places. I'm only offering 2 yr and universal 15hrs funding, and with the universal funding, parents are paying for meals and 'consumables'.

sarah707
08-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Yes a lot of nurseries and pre-schools are closing down as well as the fact we are losing thousands of childminders.

I agree - 30 hours isn't the only reason - but it is contributory to their reasons.

The Govt seem to be in denial - I wonder if we will have to wait until parents start complaining that they can't find spaces? :(