PDA

View Full Version : Accessing old forum photos

Maza
06-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Is it just me or is it impossible to look at old forum photos? Do they disappear after a while?

I enjoy looking back at old posts now and again but if ever there is an attachment (photo) it doesn't allow me to see it when I click it. Links to other websites/resources still work, just not photos.

Thanks

sarah707
08-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure - I know that recent forum updates have confused a few things but I didn't realise photos were affected.

I'll tag in Dave who deals with the forum back room ... see if he can shed any light on it :D

Maza
08-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Thanks Sarah. x

Richard
09-08-2017, 05:22 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We will investigate what's happening to the photos!

davedevelopment
09-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Hello

I can take a look at this. As far as I know, we haven't lost any attachments, so hopefully it's just the links that aren't working. Does anyone have an example thread/post?

Dave M

Maza
09-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Hi Dave,

'Baseline assessments - advice ' is the first example I randomly came across just now. Don't know if my link has worked. The post was on 8.6.16. It was started by mumofone and the last post on that thread attached a photograph.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

davedevelopment
17-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Hello

I can take a look at this. As far as I know, we haven't lost any attachments, so hopefully it's just the links that aren't working. Does anyone have an example thread/post?

Dave M

/me hangs head in shame.

It looks like I did lose some attachments, between the start of June 2016 and Sept 2016. I have no idea how and can only apologise. The rest have been moved in to the right place.

Maza
17-08-2017, 04:25 PM
/me hangs head in shame.

It looks like I did lose some attachments, between the start of June 2016 and Sept 2016. I have no idea how and can only apologise. The rest have been moved in to the right place.

Gosh, no need to apologise! Thank you for looking into it! :)