PDA

View Full Version : Problems with tax free childcare?

sarah707
03-08-2017, 07:09 AM
It's not just you / your parents who are struggling - it's a bit of a mess :(

Tax-free childcare and childminders by Sarah Neville | Childcare Expo | Early Years Exhibitors | Free Childcare Exhibitions (http://www.childcareexpo.co.uk/tax-free-childcare-childminders-sarah-neville/)

Mouse
03-08-2017, 09:55 AM
One of my parents signed up this week and it took ages to create an account. Then they had to try to find me on the system, which they did eventually.

They are now ready to make their first payment into the account and do the subsequent transfer to me. I've told them I'll be very surprised if it works first time :panic:

Mum also said they have to renew their information every 3 months, which I didn't know. They'll stick with it as it's worth it for the amount of money they'll save, but they're very unimpressed with it.

And I totally agree about the number of security questions we had to complete. It was totally ridiculous.

bunyip
04-08-2017, 11:01 AM
A lot of people are having problems logging into an existing account. They have to start the 'create account' process again, then the system recognises their personal details and offers to log them in.

IIUC this is a regular problem, even though gov.uk claim to have fixed it.