PDA

View Full Version : School placement

Bess
14-07-2017, 11:53 AM
I have been approached by a student to see if she could come to me as her placement for childcare studies. Do I need anything in place before hand? What do you think?

moggy
14-07-2017, 02:05 PM
What age is the school pupil? I think that'll make a big difference to the requirements.

FloraDora
14-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Not sure how it works in your area but I have had a placement student a couple of times.....I have always assisted our local schools and colleges in my other career so they contacted me when someone found out I had a baby last year. The schools and colleges locally had their own insurance, this is important as another school approached me too but wanted me to provide evidence that my insurance covered student, which it doesn't. The childcare course was one afternoon for a term....I interviewed as I would always do and set out my stall on not being a 'big sister' but actually working. I had to complete a health and safety audit questionnaire and a teacher ( a friend of DH) visited to check all was well and I helped student with some homework around babies....she made games for her gcse and tried them out on LO's. She just assisted school hours, it was great just to have an enthusiastic extra pair of eyes, I did not leave her on her own at anytime, but she rocked the said baby in his pram in the hallway in view of me a few times! She wasn't an assistant, just another adult ( 15) body to play with us.
I informed Ofsted.

Bess
14-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Thank you for your comments it was a great help. She is doing her GCSE so will get in touch with school before I accept.