PDA

View Full Version : How quickly?

Banana
11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Do ofsted get round to inspecting your new house?

Am i gonna be in there 5 minutes and then having to run around mad and make sure every last detail is done over one weekend. Obviously it will be made safe and the children will have the playroom organised in the new house but am i likely to have a while to sort everything out?

Has anyone else moved and they have been straight out to you?

Thanks

x

Lou
11-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Not sure to be honest hun.

A friend of mine moved twice, the first time they cam out and reinspected her as her inspection had been done 2 years before, i think they gave her some notice though.

The 2nd time she moved was only about 6-9 months later so they just asked her to send details of new house and relevent risk assesments etc.

I would have said it depends when your last inspection was but given that everything is changing with EYFS i just dont know anymore.

Why dont you ring them for a chat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the move xx

Banana
11-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Well my last inspection was in 2007. I just want to get in and have a month or two to make sure everything is organised and get settled before they want to come in and go through everything.

cheers Lou

x

littlesprogs
11-08-2008, 01:54 PM
they came to inspect my new house the week after i moved but the woman did ask if tht was ok she was prepared to leave it longer if i wanted her to but it gave me the incentive to get the place sorted.

charleyfarley
11-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I didn't get reinspected when I moved to Stoke as I'd only had my inspection about 4 months earlier. I wasn't looking to start minding straight away and wanted time to sort things out too. They actually wrote to me and asked if everything was in place.

My friend however got inspected within 3 weeks of moving, think it would have been sooner but she was on holiday.

I'd phone them up like Lou suggusted

Good luck with the move

Carol xx