PDA

View Full Version : Paddling pool water

Maza
06-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Just a random sunny day question...

For those of you with paddling pools, for your own/or minded children, do you fill them with cold water or warm? Living in a first floor flat it's a bit challenging transporting warm water to a paddling pool downstairs and around the back! I used to have a largish lidded container that I used to fill and carry downstairs for the water tray - but a paddling pools a bit bigger! We have an outdoor tap, but obviously that's cold water.

chris goodyear
06-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Just a random sunny day question...

For those of you with paddling pools, for your own/or minded children, do you fill them with cold water or warm? Living in a first floor flat it's a bit challenging transporting warm water to a paddling pool downstairs and around the back! I used to have a largish lidded container that I used to fill and carry downstairs for the water tray - but a paddling pools a bit bigger! We have an outdoor tap, but obviously that's cold water.

Luckily I have a garden so I usually do half and half with warm/hot and cold. A friend has a larger paddling pool and fills it with cold and lets the sun warm it up!

Mouse
06-07-2017, 04:38 PM
I do half and half with alternate buckets of hot and cold. For the first time ever we have managed to find a connector to fit the hose pipe to the kitchen mixer tap, so I'm hoping that'll mean no more walking backwards and forwards with buckets!

Do any of your windows overlook the garden? Is there anyway of attaching a hose and putting it out the window?

Maza
06-07-2017, 04:48 PM
I do half and half with alternate buckets of hot and cold. For the first time ever we have managed to find a connector to fit the hose pipe to the kitchen mixer tap, so I'm hoping that'll mean no more walking backwards and forwards with buckets!

[COLOR="#0000FF"]Do any of your windows overlook the garden? Is there anyway of attaching a hose and putting it out the window?

No they don't. Our windows all overlook the ground floor gardens who all have direct access to their gardens. The first floor gardens are behind those ones. I was just wondering whether kids are generally tough enough to get much use out of a cold water pool, because if they tend not to bother with them then I won't bother buying one.

FloraDora
06-07-2017, 05:07 PM
I think it depends how 'tough' the children are. I do tend to do warm water that encourages them in......but they stay in until it goes really cold, well the ones that love water play do.
What about cold water and then just add a kettle of boiling water to take the edge off it? That might be easier to carry ...though not wonderfully safe though!

Does your LO like to go in the cold sea.. or complain about how cold the water is at the swimming baths?? If she does than she is likely to be a child that would prefer slightly warmer paddling pool water initially.

Maza
07-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Thanks everyone! She's tough when it comes to cold swimming pools and the sea. I think I'm going to just get one and experiment. Happy memories of my own paddling pool as a child - no memories of the temperature!