PDA

View Full Version : don't know if i'm coming or going!

loocyloo
04-07-2017, 08:53 AM
is it really only half past 9 ???

I had made plans to go out to the woods today ...

Then I got a message yesterday to say that School were planning on holding junior sports day today ... I like going to support all 'my' children, even if parents are there, and especially for my children whose parents can't be there ... change of plan!

This morning assorted drop offs were all over the place, but I was gearing up for morning at home, ( with early sleeps ) ready for sports day. Get a message to say sports day now cancelled as rain forecast this afternoon. 2 mindees are in a 'can't do anything' frame of mind and so we might just go for a walk, as I can't face a trek up to the woods! Then a mum rings to say 'crisis' at work, she'll be late picking up this afternoon. no problem ( mum never does this, and works at a hospital ( and dad is typically away! ). Then the school secretary rings me and says she thought I'd better know that although clubs have finished for the term, the 2 that 2 schoolies go to, are still happening! letters went home yesterday about it, but she knows these 2 particular parents are not good at keeping me informed!. then I realise, that now I will have too many for the car to do a late pick up, so it means we'll need to stay at school ( I could walk back to school for club pick up but then the little ones will be too tired to walk home at any reasonable speed! ). I've now rung mum of another mindee to ask her to pick up a bit later so child can have tea! ARGHHH! I could say that they couldn't go to clubs, BUT, one club is painting backdrops for school play and the other is rehearsing for a concert, so both children are needed at club!

I've already made tea - it is in slow cooker ready for when we get home !

now none of the mindess want to play with me :( ... they are all busy and involved :), except one child who is happily lying on the floor watching everyone!

hope everyone else is having a good day!

weather not wonderful here - that soft drizzle in the air and grey! think we'll still head out after snack!

FloraDora
04-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm exhausted just reading about your morning/ prospective day.
What a great childminder you are, putting the children first and having logistics skills to think positively on how you can make something happen when change occurs.
Enjoy your 5 mins now to breathe, whilst they all explore their toys on their own.

chris goodyear
04-07-2017, 12:17 PM
is it really only half past 9 ???

I had made plans to go out to the woods today ...

Then I got a message yesterday to say that School were planning on holding junior sports day today ... I like going to support all 'my' children, even if parents are there, and especially for my children whose parents can't be there ... change of plan!

This morning assorted drop offs were all over the place, but I was gearing up for morning at home, ( with early sleeps ) ready for sports day. Get a message to say sports day now cancelled as rain forecast this afternoon. 2 mindees are in a 'can't do anything' frame of mind and so we might just go for a walk, as I can't face a trek up to the woods! Then a mum rings to say 'crisis' at work, she'll be late picking up this afternoon. no problem ( mum never does this, and works at a hospital ( and dad is typically away! ). Then the school secretary rings me and says she thought I'd better know that although clubs have finished for the term, the 2 that 2 schoolies go to, are still happening! letters went home yesterday about it, but she knows these 2 particular parents are not good at keeping me informed!. then I realise, that now I will have too many for the car to do a late pick up, so it means we'll need to stay at school ( I could walk back to school for club pick up but then the little ones will be too tired to walk home at any reasonable speed! ). I've now rung mum of another mindee to ask her to pick up a bit later so child can have tea! ARGHHH! I could say that they couldn't go to clubs, BUT, one club is painting backdrops for school play and the other is rehearsing for a concert, so both children are needed at club!

I've already made tea - it is in slow cooker ready for when we get home !

now none of the mindess want to play with me :( ... they are all busy and involved :), except one child who is happily lying on the floor watching everyone!

hope everyone else is having a good day!

weather not wonderful here - that soft drizzle in the air and grey! think we'll still head out after snack!

I get days like that so know exactley what you mean!

snortlet
04-07-2017, 12:31 PM
I get days like that so know exactley what you mean!

Me too. More so near the end of each school term as sports days, trips and fetes are squeezed in!

loocyloo
04-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Me too. More so near the end of each school term as sports days, trips and fetes are squeezed in!

Well ... I survived the day and so did the children! The torrential downpour at 3.30 was an added bonus!!!

Dragonfly
05-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Well done. Why does it rain/ the rain gets worst on the school run?

mumofone
05-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Well done. Why does it rain/ the rain gets worst on the school run?

Haha yes, what is that all about. 3pm looms and a big dark grey cloud appears and it hammers it down. All clear by 4 though of course!