PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour and Biting

mumofone
29-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Have any of you ever had to deal with a biting incident (child on child) and what did you do? My son is going through a biting phase it seems :(

watford wizz
30-06-2017, 04:44 PM
This seems to be quite a regular question, lots of previous thread answers with various ways of dealing with it.
I have 3 one year olds at moment who have all gone through wanting to bite. Thankfully 2 are now growing out of it. I try to be as vigilant as possible but they have all bitten each other. I have very understanding parents, I tell them what's happened and that the child has been removed from play on my knee with a firm no. Face away no attention attention given to injured child, log incident and get parent to sign.
Along side this I have done lots of allowable biting activities whole apples, whole uncut loaf, special toys that can be bitten.
It seems they mostly bite each other when frustrated so try to keep our day "moving" and sharing reduced if possible. Hope this helps xx

sarah707
02-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Excellent advice already given...

Be firm - be consistent - increase PSED interventions using teddies and dolls to show what is happening and the hurt caused.

Hopefully it will pass quickly x