PDA

View Full Version : minibus?

Bluebell
25-06-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure posts get put on here all the time about vehicles but wanted to ask if anyone has a minibus type vehicle? caravelle / ford torneo / renault trafic / vauxhall vivaro type thing.

Would you recomend getting something like this? I've had 2 zafiras - one cost a fortune and the one i have now is on its last legs and i don't want to spend money out on it like i did my last one. I might be a bit mad but i figured if i have a 9 seater i could have the 3 front seats for myself and my 2 older children and three back seats for the 3 childminding children. I don't work holidays so it would be rare i would ever need to drive with my children and childminding children anyway.
I would take out the last 3 seats to make more storage space and maybe eventually turn into more of a day van or even a camper.
I do like the idea of a volkswagen - but they seem so much more expensive than other things on the market!
Any advice appreciated :cool:

loocyloo
26-06-2017, 06:34 AM
I'm pretty sure posts get put on here all the time about vehicles but wanted to ask if anyone has a minibus type vehicle? caravelle / ford torneo / renault trafic / vauxhall vivaro type thing.

Would you recomend getting something like this? I've had 2 zafiras - one cost a fortune and the one i have now is on its last legs and i don't want to spend money out on it like i did my last one. I might be a bit mad but i figured if i have a 9 seater i could have the 3 front seats for myself and my 2 older children and three back seats for the 3 childminding children. I don't work holidays so it would be rare i would ever need to drive with my children and childminding children anyway.
I would take out the last 3 seats to make more storage space and maybe eventually turn into more of a day van or even a camper.
I do like the idea of a volkswagen - but they seem so much more expensive than other things on the market!
Any advice appreciated :cool:

I have often thought about it myself!

a friend had a renualt traffic and loved it ( she wasn't a childminder though - just has a big family! )

DH swears by VWs for being reliable workhorses! I'm tempted by the T5, but they just seem huge to me! ( we have an old vw camper ) and when we park up next to a T5, it looks tiny!