PDA

View Full Version : D and V - exclusion period for adults

Maza
12-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

I've been struck down with a d and v bug and obviously called in sick today (illness started at 4.30 am this morning). The Head at my school was fine but asked me to let her know whether or not I will be in tomorrow or not. Out of curiosity, does the 48hr since last bout of D and V still stand - I'm sure I read somewhere that some places have changed it to 24hrs. Is it the same rule for kids as adults or is that a really silly question?

moggy
12-06-2017, 11:59 AM
48hrs, adult or children, all the same. We are food handlers so that adds another reason to be extra careful. I have heard some school were saying 24hrs but I think that is more to do with their attendance data! Hope you are better soon x

FussyElmo
12-06-2017, 12:09 PM
I know that an old manager of dhs was very hot on and kept to the guidelines of 48 hours another one who followed said it was a guideline however it was in the company's handbook that it was 48 hours exclusion.

Unfortunately It is only a guideline and different workplaces can interpret it differently.

Maza
12-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Yes, I suppose it is only a guideline. I've just phoned in and told them that I won't be in tomorrow because actually it won't have even been 24 hours since my last 'episode'.

I just feel sooooo guilty though. As much as we tell others to put themselves first it is still hard to do when it happens to you.

loocyloo
12-06-2017, 05:30 PM
poor you Maza,

Hope you feel better soon xx

Maza
12-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Thanks, loocyloo. I'm feeling awful but I have DH at home looking after me and DD - she's got it too. Poor DH has been up all night cleaning her up, changing the bed etc. He's got a swollen ankle at the mo so it's hard for him to get about as it is. I had better make this Father's Day a good one!

FussyElmo
13-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Hope both you and dd are feeling better today x

Maza
13-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Thanks Fussy. Both on the mend but still feeling very weak. Just chilling watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. It's very funny.