PDA

View Full Version : I am lost wristbands

Bushpig
11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I just ordered some ICE wristbands from www.iceideas.co.uk

What type of identification do your kids have when on outings?

Raggydolls
11-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I have the NCMA ones

leanne
xx

butterfly
11-08-2008, 12:15 PM
i stole a great idea from the forum! each child has a card (credit card size) with a photo, their name, dob, allergy info, and emergency contact details. on the back i've put their doctor's name and phone no and their parents have signed giving permission for emergency medical care.

i carry all the cards including one for myself on a key ring in my handbag.

i thought about this for ages re confidentiality but feel happy now that i have all important info which can be easily found by emergency services in the event of an accident.

it doesn't have their address so i think it should be ok. someone on here (can't remember who - sorry) said that ofsted were happy with them.

i just need to buy some wristbands now! also when i was at crealy the other day with 2 three yr olds in the adventure play area i thought how much better it would be if they had one of my bright purple minding t-shirts so that they would be easily identifiable! i kept forgetting what they were wearing and kept losing sight of them!

miffy
11-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I use the NCMA wristbands with my mobile number on it

I also have a book with all the children's details and emergency contact numbers in which I carry with me. On the front of it are my details (in case it's me that's had the accident!) and emergency contact numbers.

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
11-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I do the same as Miffy.

We have just come back from Monkey Forest and even the school dog Patch who we have been looking after for the hols had a wristband on, well you never know:D

Carol xx

Bushpig
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I do the same as Miffy.

We have just come back fro Monkey Forest and even the school dog Patch who we have been looking after for the hols had a wristband on, well you never know:D

Carol xx

hehe... maybe I should put a wristband on the kids soft toys too :p

Great idea re the credit card size thing for the kids... I might just nab it ;)

I have one for me... with an emergency number in case I faint/something, then the emergency services will know I am a childminder, and will phone the contact number on the card. My sister of husband (contact numbers) could then phone the parents of the kids (they have a list with all details).

LisaH
11-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I use the NCMA ones too. I like the credit card idea tho, better than carrying a diary.:)

ruby
12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
i have the credit size cards

but use the bands that my daughter got me from her works

cathy

Mrs.L.C
13-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I like the writsband idea for the younger children. Has any1 found any that are re useable? I used to have some from NCMA but they are damaged now but dont seem to beable to find them on their site

littletreasures
13-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I've not bought these yet, but I am tempted.

http://www.iceideas.co.uk/identikids-if-im-lost-wristbands-34-p.asp

Bushpig
23-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I have used them for a week now, and love them - the kids love them too! :)

Pauline
24-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I use NCMA ones, they are nice and soft and reusable. Have had them a while but I wouldn't have thought they had stopped making them.

cloud9
24-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I have to say i was a bit sneaky really when i last visited ikea in croyden they have a big bucket with them in which are free for you to take, (for your kids when you are in store) so i took a very large handful and use them!!

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 10:18 AM
i stole a great idea from the forum! each child has a card (credit card size) with a photo, their name, dob, allergy info, and emergency contact details. on the back i've put their doctor's name and phone no and their parents have signed giving permission for emergency medical care.

i carry all the cards including one for myself on a key ring in my handbag.

i thought about this for ages re confidentiality but feel happy now that i have all important info which can be easily found by emergency services in the event of an accident.

it doesn't have their address so i think it should be ok. someone on here (can't remember who - sorry) said that ofsted were happy with them.

i just need to buy some wristbands now! also when i was at crealy the other day with 2 three yr olds in the adventure play area i thought how much better it would be if they had one of my bright purple minding t-shirts so that they would be easily identifiable! i kept forgetting what they were wearing and kept losing sight of them!

My Ofsted inspector wasn't happy with anything stating the childrens details. I now have one in my purse with a photo on it stating that I am a childminder and that this child could be with me. In case of an emergency please contact... and then I list my emergency contact details.

Debbie

Bushpig
30-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I have to say i was a bit sneaky really when i last visited ikea in croyden they have a big bucket with them in which are free for you to take, (for your kids when you are in store) so i took a very large handful and use them!!

:eek: Nawty, but resourceful ;)