PDA

View Full Version : Sepsis

suzyblue
01-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Hi Guys
I have a 20 month old who has sepsis. It was diagnosed on Tuesday and she has taken antibiotics. Mums says she's well and wants to bring her back to me. I can't find any guidelines on this.
Is she ok to come back?

Mouse
01-06-2017, 07:41 AM
I always thought sepsis was a serious condition, but I suppose there must be different levels of severity. I think I'd want to know more about the diagnosis and what the health professionals have said. Was the child diagnosed in hospital? Is it possible to get advice from them?

suzyblue
01-06-2017, 08:18 AM
I always thought sepsis was a serious condition, but I suppose there must be different levels of severity. I think I'd want to know more about the diagnosis and what the health professionals have said. Was the child diagnosed in hospital? Is it possible to get advice from them?

She was just taken to the doctors. She was unwell with me last week. The mum was told to take her to hospital on Wednesday if the antibiotics didn't kick in.

Mouse
01-06-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm afraid I know very little about it so can't be much help.

If the child is well in herself and the antibiotics are working I don't see any reason why she couldn't come back. I would maybe just be on the look out for a recurrence of any symptoms.

If you're still unsure could you phone your GP for advice, or even the sepsis society? They may put your mind at rest that she is OK to return.

Do let us know if you get any useful information as it's an interesting question you've asked.