PDA

View Full Version : insurance renewal?

NikNak
11-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello I was wandering if any one can advise me please. I am currently a member of NCMA and have my public liability insurance with them too. I have recieved a letter to inform me they both run out on 03/09/2008. I am finishing childminding as my job in December this year. I am due an inspection in September. Will the inspector check my insurance? I feel it's unfair to pay the full amount for a year when I wont be minding for most of it. Any advice grateful. Thank you.x

sarah707
11-08-2008, 11:01 AM
If you are not insured you are classed as unsatisfactory for keeping children safe... you cannot work without insurance.

Hope this helps :D

Chatterbox Childcare
11-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Can you afford not to have it???

If you do have an accident before September and December which the parent sues you over, how will you pay your court expenses, time off of work and damages? It could cost you your house??? Not advised.

I can tell you that I was with Morton Michelle and had to transfer to NCMA becuase of an over 8's situation and they refunded my subscription pro rata. Maybe NCMA would do this too or you could change short term to M Michelle.

Don't leave yourself open, it isn't worth it.

Debbie :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

NikNak
11-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah thanks for the wake up call, dont know what I was thinking!!!! I have contacted MM and they will refund me some of the £40 annual fee if I write to them to cancel the policy. x