PDA

View Full Version : Sickness 48 hour rule?

emmas
27-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Please could somebody clarify for me the 48 hour sickness rule? Is it exclusion for 48 hours after last episode of sickness/diarrhoea, or 48 hours symptom free?

I sent my mindee home yesterday morning as he was sick at 8.50am, I was informed that he wasn't sick again and is back to his normal self by last night!

They are keeping him home today as I have a 48hour exclusion policy. However I am booked to do a pre-school drop for him tomorrow morning so he will be with me from 7.30 am to 9.00am, so by my calculations that's within the 48 hours? (maybe I am picky) I have said that I am not going to do it because its within the timescale, ( I must add I am closed on Fridays, I agreed to it as a favour, one of many I have done for these parents most of them free of charge!!!)

Am I being unreasonable? I think they have the hump with me, I must also add that they have handed in their notice to me last week, as they are moving Mindee to the nursery within the school where dad works. So as of July 17th they no longer need my services. I don't want my family catching this bug.

thanks for any advice

Emma.

mama2three
27-04-2017, 09:14 AM
maybe a little picky , but within your terms of exclusion so can be no argument from the parents! And if theyre leaving anyway i wouldnt be so likely to try and accomodate them!

watford wizz
27-04-2017, 09:25 AM
My understanding is its 48hours from last bout of sickness/diarrhoea.