PDA

View Full Version : Advice on contacting Nursery

2kidsunder5
11-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi all

I mind a little boy (16months old). He comes to me 2 days a week and then goes to private nursery the other 3 days.

I want to contact the nursery regarding the EYFS and us working together but not sure of the best way to go about it?

Any advice welcome please.

Diane x

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Sorry, don't know what to advise really but I'm sure some of the others will be able to. Didn't want to read and run but I would have thought a phone call to discuss should be ok or liaise through parents.

Anyway, I've had no experience of this so I'm waffling about what I don't know - lol.

Wiggly
x

sarah707
11-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Have you explained to parents about working in partnership with the nursery?

You will need their permission to go ahead although if you don't get it, you'll be in a pickle, so you need to sell it as a really good thing for the child.

Then I would pop a note in the child's bag for nursery introducing yourself and asking what their plans are for working with childminders under eyfs... let them take the lead.

Ask for their reply in writing so you can put it in your files... that way you're covered when Ofsted ask as well.

Even if the nursery don't work with you, you can ask the child what happens there and make notes from what s/he says... that will show you are trying to work in partnership :D

Bushpig
11-08-2008, 11:01 AM

You will need their permission to go ahead although if you don't get it, you'll be in a pickle, so you need to sell it as a really good thing for the child.

Then I would pop a note in the child's bag for nursery introducing yourself and asking what their plans are for working with childminders under eyfs... let them take the lead.

Ask for their reply in writing so you can put it in your files... that way you're covered when Ofsted ask as well.

Even if the nursery don't work with you, you can ask the child what happens there and make notes from what s/he says... that will show you are trying to work in partnership :D

Ditto on everything Sarah said :)

2kidsunder5
11-08-2008, 11:49 AM

Then I would pop a note in the child's bag for nursery introducing yourself and asking what their plans are for working with childminders under eyfs... let them take the lead. m

Hi Sarah

The little boy is only 16 months old so he isn't going to tell me anything :)

I didn't think I needed the parents permission? - although I do have it, they are more than happy for me to work alongside the nurseries themes and topics.

Am I wrong in thinking that under the new statutory framework all settings have a legal obligation to work together - in other words the nursery can't say no?

All I want is for them to tell me what theme or topic they are covering each term so that I can include activities etc in my own planning to support his learning.

Diane x