PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for Ofsted pre registration visit

nataliec_2000
29-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I submitted my ofsted application in January. I am still waiting for my pre registration visit.
All ofsted checks came back at start of March so I am at the end of the 28 days for an inspector to visit me. I am constantly on the phone chasing this up. Has anyone else waited a long time for a pre registration visit?

Thanks
Natalie

sarah707
29-03-2017, 07:06 PM
I suggest you escalate it to a complaint ... it needs to be resolved and quickly :panic:

I hope it sorts out soon x

HJE
12-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Yes I waited a lot longer than that - it is frustrating but hang in there. I had my visit and it was nothing to worry about. I applied in Nov and had my visit 6 months later! This was in part because they were waiting for various things to come back, and also my 1st aid course kept getting cancelled. The only time they mentioned a time limit was that it had be within one month of all that stuff being sorted. Has your social services check come back from your L/A? And have they had both your references back as well? That was two things holding my visit up as well.
Good luck - the reg visit is nothing to worry about by the way! Mine went smoothly despite the two day notice!

L_Caterpillars
02-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Argh! I am totally new to this. I sent my application off 3 weeks ago and can see that all of my checks are now complete, does this mean that my visit will be within the next 28 days???? And how much notice do they give? I am suddenly feeling very panicked about the visit!

I have never worked with children before so I feel like they will really test me...